Who, what, and where:
- Programmer/developer: professionally, personally
- Photographer: professionally, personally, in series
- Investor in Interesting Projects
- Adopter of new technologies well before they reach mass public knowledge:
- Known for rapid lateral thinking and my opinions
- You can reach me promptly (even via iMessage) through email@example.com or 780-964-3684
Programming: Recent creation and iteration:
- Jul-Dec 2012: Building a massive tent indoors, creating the best grilled cheese possible, K5M TERMINAL, update to Progress, early work on a game application, learning Coffeescript, investment in Capricious!, Development on a text (SMS) application, investment in Notebook on Cities and Culture season three, production plans begin for an alcohol based on Werther’s Original candies.
- Jan-Jun 2012: Large investment in Notebook on Cities and Culture season one, figure app released, DID app released, investment in Double Fine Adventure, reading a lot of poetry about the sea and complicated French love, Progress app made to estimate lifespans, investment in Philosophy Posters, investment in ‘WATERPARK’ Score And Sound Design, investment in Fringe Focus Landscape Prints, continuing work on time-series data graphing/monitoring learning, MaxFunCon, working on my tan.
- Jul-Dec 2011: Becoming a Yo-Yo master, Investment in Mike Merrill, visiting Oregon, Updates to Oblique Strategies, research into “Local Geographic.”, created Watchable and Linear.
- Jan-Jun 2011: Edmonton Movie Times, EDMNTN.co (Edmonton Creative Opportunities), WeReviewWine / Conversations, REMAINS, updates to Edmonton Movie Times, Is Today... series (S M T W T F S), and Oblique Strategies
- Dec 2010: Is Today... series (S M T W T F S)
As a portrait photographer my little portrait studio is named RAD GRANDPA.
My photography has been used/featured by:
- 2011-2012: the St. Albert Gazette, The Edmonton Journal, February 11th, Signature Magazine Edmonton Symphony Orchestra Vol. 26 No. 10 (Cover photograph, Pages 6 and 7), Edmonton Symphony Orchestra 60th 2011/2012 Performance Guide (inside cover / two page spread, page 8-10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 37, 43, back cover), The Edmonton Journal - Edmonton’s Walterdale theatre steps up with The Threepenny Opera (5 photographs), Tepšić Magazine June 2011 issue, The Edmonton Journal July 4th - “Idiots”, Alberta Views Annual Performing Arts Guide, VUE Weekly issue #841: “Wyrd Sisters”
- 2010: Cartography, a book, Alberta Views magazine, SEE Magazine, The Gateway Newspaper, “Andrew W.K. The Very Best 2001-2009” (title page and pages 2 & 3), Tepsic Magazine “Nomad” issue (three images used), 2010-2011 Walterdale Playhouse Season Guide, Vue Weekly, Westworld Magazine (for the Edmonton Folk Music Festival), Signature Magazine Edmonton Symphony Orchestra Vol. 26, No. 7 (Cover Photo and pages 1, 6, 7, 27, 28 and 31), Avenue Magazine (December 2010 - Much Ado About Nothing), Signature Magazine Edmonton Symphony Orchestra Vol. 26 No. 8 (Pages 6 and 7), What’s Your Winspear? membership/promotional campaign, VUE Weekly issue #789: “Much Ado About Winter”, VUE Weekly issue #813: “From Cradle to Stage”.
- 2009: Viscape, VUE Weekly Arts, The Edmonton Sun, The Edmonton Journal, the St. Albert Gazette, The Sound of Young America, Westworld Magazine (for the Edmonton Indy races), Avenue Theatre (Andrew W.K. concert; Benefit for War Child).
- 2008: the St. Albert Gazette, Canadian Theatre Review, VUE Weekly Arts, Theatre District Old Strathcona 2007-2008, Your Guide to Discover Old Strathcona 2007-2008, Walterdale Playhouse Season d'être, The Edmonton Sun, The Edmonton Journal.
- 2007: Edmonton 2007: Cultural Capital of Canada gallery, VUE Weekly Arts, SEE magazine, The Edmonton Journal, The Edmonton Sun, the St. Albert Gazette, WHERE Edmonton magazine, Schmap Guides (Vancouver), Link Magazine (Netherlands).
- 2006: Schmap Guides (Edmonton), SHARE Family & Community Services Society.